South Coast & Snowmobiling
We take you along the south coast of Iceland, one of the country’s most scenic regions. South Iceland is special in that it is one of the flattest regions on the island. As a result, nearly all grain farming in Iceland is done there. The high mountains to the north, shield the area from the harshest northern winds.
This super-exciting snowmobiling adventure takes you to the top of the spectacular Mýrdalsjökull glacier, where you will have a breath-taking view of South Iceland, one of the most scenic areas of the country.
You will enjoy an hours guided snowmobile tour across the glacier and Along the way we stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which is unique as you can walk behind it and through the other side.
We also stop at the majestic and much-photographed Skógafoss waterfall, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. This most picturesque of all waterfalls is something of a film star, having been used as a backdrop in films such as Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Standing right at the foot of Eyjafjallajökull volcano. This waterfall is one of the tallest of its kind in Iceland, dropping an awe-inspiring 60 meters down from old sea cliffs. The waterfall itself is incredibly gorgeous and for those who are willing, you can even climb a set of stairs and stand at the top of the waterfall to get a completely new perspective on the landscapes that you have just been travelling through.
- Operates All Year @ 0900
- Duration is around 10 hours & 30 Minutes
- Price Includes Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off, Professional local tour guide, 1 hour guided snowmobile tour (2 persons per vehicle) & Protective clothing & safety equipment for the snowmobile ride
- A valid driver´s licence is required. 2 persons share the same snowmobile, single person per vehicle at extra cost.
- There is no place where we can stop for lunch on this tour. Therefore you need to bring along a picnic lunch.
- Only one child is permitted per adult on this tour.
- Operation of this tour depends on conditions on the glacier. Due to sudden and unexpected weather changes the snowmobile ride might be cancelled after tour´s departure from Reykjavík.
Child 6 - 12 Years £111.00