Northern Lights By Boat from Reykjavik Old Harbour
The original Northern Lights by Boat tour in Iceland!
Hunting the northern lights from the ocean is an amazing experience; sailing away from the coastline of Reykjavik and seeing the aurora borealis out on the North-Atlantic ocean with beautiful mountains and the city in the background is something you won’t forget!
We sail out from the Old Harbour in Reykjavik and in only 15-20 minutes, we will be in a prime location away from the city lights, perfect for viewing the auroras! The guide will share with you facts on the science behind the magical phenomenon of the Northern Lights, and tell you about their stories & myths from different cultures around the world. The tour takes about 2-3 hours depending on how early or late the lights might appear.
We recommend putting on our free overalls on-board (overalls also available in children’s sizes!) that will keep you nice and warm out on the deck, listening to what the guide has to say about the lovely colours dancing in the sky.
Throughout the tour we show our very own original Northern Lights video, full of interesting facts and folklore! If you are cold you can grab a drink at the bar and cosy up inside watching the video or just simply enjoy the view of the city lights in the distance with your friends & family.
- Operates 1 September till 15 April @ 2100 from 1 October till 14 March & 2200 in September & between 15 March & 15 April
- Duration is between 2 & 3 Hours
- Price Includes Guided boat tour, Warm overalls (overalls also available in children’s sizes!), Wireless internet on board, Café/Bar & Souvenir shop, Our very own Northern Lights video & WCs on board!
- Departure Point is from the Old Harbour in Reykjavik
- Hotel pick up can be arranged for £14 per person
- These tours are subject to correct weather conditions and sightings cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel the tour due to unfavourable weather conditions if need be.
- If the northern lights boat tour is cancelled, but aurora conditions are favourable, we offer a replacement northern lights tour by bus, plus a chance to join the boat tour the next available day (even if you see the lights on the bus).
- If the tour does not operate at all (boat or bus) during your stay due to unfavourable weather conditions, you can exchange your ticket/voucher with one of the following options:
- A Whale Watching Tour
- The chance to join a night of fun at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition (while keeping your boat ticket!)
- Or a full refund
- If you join the tour (boat or bus) and there are no sightings you will get another ticket to join us on the next available day. This ticket is valid indefinitely – so if you don’t have another chance this time around we welcome you back when you visit Iceland again!
Child 7 - 15 Years £34.50
Child 1 - 6 Years FREE