Daytour to the Volcanic Eruption in Meradalir
The perfect day tour to experience the raw power of nature by the volcanic eruption in Meradalir. Don't miss this once in a lifetime experience!
After being shaken for months the ground has opened up again after the last eruption in 2021, and a new eruption has begun. Witnessing an erupting volcano is a once in a lifetime opportunity and gives you a chance to experience the power of our planet.
The hike takes approximately 2 hours each way. Keep in mind that the sites around the volcano are constantly changing due to freely flowing lava and the duration of the hike can change.
Don´t miss out on this unique experience and witness the raw power of lava erupting out of the trembling ground.
The volcanic landscape can be uneven and challenging. Therefore, good hiking shoes and warm clothing is mandatory. There is no running water on the way to fill a water bottle, so please bring plenty of water and a hearty lunch.
- Operates All year @ 1000
- Duration is around 8 hours including a 4 hour hike
- Price Includes Hotel Pick Up & Drop Off, Bus fare, Guided Tour & Hike & Free Wi-Fi
- Difficulty level: Moderate to difficult
- Total distance: 14 km (out-and-back)
- Elevation: 300 m
- Please bring the following items: Hiking boots, Warm clothing, gloves and a hat are highly recommended, Hiking crampons are recommended during winter
- Bring water & Bring lunch and snacks
- Our partners at Iceland Camping Equipmentcan provide you with the perfect gear for a small fee.
- Please note that should the eruptions stop the tour will operate as the fresh lava fields are a great experience in their own right but you may cancel free of charge in line with the standard booking conditions.
Child 12 - 15 Years £34.50