Around Iceland Self Drive - 5 Nights SUV Included
- Return Flights
- 5 Nights SUV Car Rental Including CDW & Tax
- 5 Nights 3* Bed & Breakfast Hotels/Guesthouses
- See the highlights of Reykjavik, West Iceland, North Iceland, The Eastfjords & South Coast
This is the ultimate tour with suitable time spent at Iceland´s major nature spots. Explore dramatic landscapes and some of the world’s finest waterfalls like Gullfoss, Goðafoss and Skógarfoss. Visit erupting geysers in the great Geysir hot spring area, Thingvellir, a UNESCO world heritage site. Enjoy Vatnajökull glacier, Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon and many other unique places like Akureyri, the capital of northern Iceland, the magical scenery at Lake Mývatn and the scenic fjords of East Iceland.
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN ICELAND Arrival in Iceland and collect your car before heading toward the capital Reykjavik. If time allows, go for an exploration walk around Reykjavík. Spend the night in Reykjavik in a 3 or 4* hotel.
Day 2: BORGARFJÖRÐUR AND THE SAGAS Leave Reykjavik after an early breakfast and head towards the Golden Circle route and visit Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot spring area in Haukadalur and Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO world heritage site. Drive further along and explore the valley of Borgarfjörður with its waterfalls, hot springs and historic sites. You’ll spend the night in a 3* hotel in West Iceland.
Day 3: SIGHTS OF NORTH WEST ICELAND Head up North and visit Akureyri, the capital of north Iceland, and Goðafoss, the waterfall of the gods then head to explore the sights at Llake Mývatn. Spend the night in a 3* Hotel in North Iceland.
Day 4: DETTIFOSS WATERFALL AND EGILSSTAÐIR Today you are heading east; you should pass through a large wasteland area. Stop at Egilsstaðir for a while and keep driving along the scenic fjords of east Iceland to the town of Höfn. You will overnight in the Fosshotel Vatnajökull or similar.
Day 5: GLACIAL LAKE AND NATURAL WONDERS Enjoy the Vatnajökull glacier, the stunning Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon and Skaftafell National Park. Drive along the south coast and witness many natural wonders such as black lava beaches, waterfalls and glaciers. Spend the night along the south coast in a 3* hotel.
Day 6: DEPART FOR HOME If time allows: Enjoy Reykjavík or explore the Reykjanes Peninsula with a stop at the famous Blue Lagoon for relaxation. Drop your rental car off and catch your flight for home.
- Return Flights
- Hand Baggage
- 5 Nights Bed & Breakfast Hotel Accommodations
- Car Hire for the trips duration
Upgrades and add on
- 4* Hotel for your stay in Reykjavik £20 per person
Price includes a SUV Suitable for 4 people with Insurance, snow tyres and unlimited miles. Upgrades available subject to availability;
Lead driver must have a clean license and a credit card
- 3* Reykjavik Hotels – Cabin, Fosshotel Baron, Fosshotel Lind, Fosshotel Raudara
- 4* Reykjavik Hotels – Fosshotel Reykjavik, Reykjavik Centrum, Grand Hotel
- 3* West Hotels – Fosshotel Hellnar, Fosshotel Reykholt, Fosshotel Stykkisholmur
- 3* North Hotels – Fosshotel Husavik, Fosshotel Myvatn
- 3* South East Hotels – Fosshotel Glacial Lagoon, Fosshotel Vatnajokull
Hotels will be confirmed at time of booking.
Prices are based on 2 sharing and based on the cheapest departure in any given month.