Reykjavik Sightseeing Hop On Hop Off
The Reykjavik Tour in 24 hours or 48 hours
Take a bus tour with City Sightseeing and explore Reykjavík at your leisure, with the opportunity to hop on and off at conveniently located bus stops. This bus pass is valid for 24 or 48 hours so you take your time to enjoy Reykjavik.
It's a city that boasts the best of both worlds; a modern, trendy and forward-looking capital whilst at the same time being so close to its unspoiled nature. Reykjavik truly is a magical place to behold.
Reykjavik Museums and Attractions
You might be interested in the different attractions at our stops like Perlan museum to see the Wonders of Iceland exhibition and the Northern Lights Planetarium show or the Whales of Iceland and FlyOver Iceland experience in the Grandi district.
Reykjavik City Sightseeing Stops:
1. Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre The stunning concert hall and conference centre is the latest landmark in Reykjavík and houses both the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera.
2. Reykjavik Old Harbour This colourful busy area Is packed with restaurants, shops and cafés. Various boat tours depart from the Old Harbour.
3. Reykjavík Maritime Museum Explore the world of the Icelandic fisheries and coastal culture. The former coast guard vessel Óðinn is also docked there.
4. Whales of Iceland The biggest whale exhibition in the world! Life-sized models, an interactive installation and virtual reality experience.
5. National Museum of Iceland The permanent exhibition Making of a Nation - Heritage and History in Iceland is a journey through time, from settlement to the present.
6. Lækjargata Hard Rock Café Reykjavik Lækjargata - literally "stream street" - takes its name from the stream that once ran along the street. The famous Hard Rock Café is located in this street.
7. Laugavegur Shopping Street Strolling down Laugavegur you will find all kinds of shops, restaurants, cafés and bars - something for everyone.
8. Kjarvalsstaðir Art Museum It houses the works of one of Iceland´s most influential and recognized artists, Jóhannes Kjarval. You can also enjoy works from other leading Icelandic and foreign artists.
9. Hallgrímskirkja Church The church spire is 73 m high, thus making this building the tallest one in Reykjavík city. The view from the tower is sublime.
10. BSÍ Bus Terminal From here you can join one of the many adventurous day tours heading outside the city or simply take the Flybus to Keflavík International Airport.
11. Perlan A glass dome built on top of six hot water tanks. Inside you will find a restaurant, café and the amazing Wonders of Iceland exhibition. The 360° view from the observation deck is spectacular.
12. Kringlan Shopping Mall Iceland´s first real shopping mall opened its doors in 1987 and currently includes over 180 shops and restaurants along with a cinema and a public library. Next to the mall is the Reykjavík City Theatre.
13. Hilton Nordica Reykjavík The hotel is formerly known as Hotel Esja, a name derived from the dramatically dominating Mt. Esja which provides a stunning backdrop to the capital area.
14. Laugardalur Valley Reykjavík´s housewives and housemaids washed laundry in geothermal hot springs here in Laugardalur until the early 20th century. Today the park is home to a swimming pool, sports centre, botanical garden and the Family Park and Zoo.
15. Skarfabakki Harbour (When cruise ships are in port) From here you can take a boat tour over to Viðey island, stroll along the coastline to downtown Reykjavík or come inside and rent a vehicle for the day at Enterprise rent-a-car. (When cruise ships are in port)
16. Höfði House Höfði is considered to be one of the most historically significant buildings in Reykjavík. It was the location for the 1986 summit meeting of President Ronald Reagan and the general secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, in order to end the Cold War.
PRICING & VALIDITY
- £25 for 24 hours
- £32 for 48 hours
Children under 12 go free and children 12-15 pay half price.
Tour includes bus ticket valid for 24 or 48 hours, recorded commentary & free Wi-Fi
Daily departures every 45 minutes during winter (1st of Oct-14th of April) from Harpa Concert Hall at 09:30, 10:15, 11:00, 11:45, 12:30, 13:15, 14:00, 14:45, 15:30 & 16:15.
Daily departures every 30 minutes during summer (15th of May-30th of Sept) from Harpa Concert Hall at 08:30, 09:00, 09:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00, 15:30, 16:00 & 16:30.
The full tour takes about 75-80 minutes to complete and departs from Harpa, Stop 1, every 30 minutes (15th of May-30th of Sept) and every 45 minutes (1st of Oct-14th of April) .
You can hop on and hop off at any stop of your choosing, enjoying some discounts of attraction admission along the way.
Kindly note that the bus is not running on: • 17 June, The Icelandic Independence Day celebrations • Reykjavík Pride parade either second or third Saturday in August • Reykjavík Marathon and Reykjavík Cultural Night which is held annually the Saturday after 18 August, or on 18 August if it is a Saturday. • 31st of December, New Year's Eve