5* Hotel Grímsborgir - Selfoss Area
Hotel Grímsborgir is located 70 km east of Reykjavik in the heart of the Golden Circle, nestled on the bank of river Sogid, Iceland‘s largest freshwater river, surrounded by picturesque landscapes, peace and tranquillity. Some of the highlights of Iceland’s nature, geography and history are within easy reach.
The hotel consists of 15 buildings with a 24 hour reception, restaurant and accommodation for 240 guests. All rooms come with balcony or terrace and access to some of the 29 geothermal hot tubs on site, both private and shared. Hotel Grímsborgir prides itself on its friendly, ﬁrst class service providing guests with everything they need to make their stay in Iceland more enjoyable.
Situated at the famous Golden Circle Route, Hótel Grímsborgir is very close to some of South Iceland‘s most stunning sites: the waterfall Gullfoss, the hot water fountain Geysir and the historic site of Thingvellir National Park.
- The hotel is situated far away from light pollution and is therefore the perfect place to experience the spectacular Northern Lights!
- The hotel is proud to offer you a highly professional massage, acupuncture, sophisticated treatments and Relaxation
- Restaurant with a broad a la carte menu with both Icelandic and international dishes, in the summer it is possible to sit on the beautiful terrace. The restaurant also offers an extensive wine menu from the seller and live piano music every evening. A Champagne buffet breakfast is served and lunch and dinner is a la carte
- The bar offers a great variety of wines, local beers and hand crafted cocktails. These can be enjoyed on the terrace weather permitting
- Free Parking
- Free Northern Lights wake up call
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to 29 private or shared outdoor geothermal hot tubs
Superior rooms are 25 sqm big and have a private bath with bathtub/shower. Every room has a nice terrace with seating area and access to hot tubs in the common area. Rooms feature Free Wi-Fi, Mini Bar, Flat Screen TV, Hairdryer, Bathrobes and slippers, Coffee and tea in the room and Safety box.
Price is based on 2 sharing on our cheapest departure dates and includes return flight, hand baggage and 3 nights Bed & Breakfast.