4* Hotel Ranga - Hella Area
Set in an idyllic remote location next to the East Rangá Salmon River near to Hella. The hotel is an ideal base for those looking for luxury, quality accommodation and dining close to the Golden Circle route and the attractions of the south coast. Hella and Hvolsvöllur are both within 5 miles of the hotel, while Selfoss is 28 miles away. Reykjavik is 2-hours away by car.
- The restaurant at Hotel Rangá is an acclaimed gourmet restaurant in Southern Iceland, overlooking one of Iceland's finest salmon rivers, East-Rangá River. The restaurant's motto is the concept of a ”Farmers Market“— in effect using predominantly local ingredients of the highest quality and freshness — following seasonal availability. The menu is inspired by modern Nordic cuisine.
- The bar offers a quality wine list and the bar selection is extensive and is sure to satisfy even the most demanding connoisseur.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Along with serenity, luxury and relaxation Hotel Rangás offers three outdoor hot tubs with geothermal water. They are located at the riverside of the hotel and are open every day. Enjoy the hot tub with a drink while stargazing or watching the Northern lights.
- The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis, has become the hotels trademark attractions. Hotel Rangá is superbly located for viewing the Northern Lights in Iceland. The luxury resort is located in a rural area, light pollution is not an issue during the winter months. By turning off the external lights they can provide optimal conditions to view the sky at night and stargazing. At Hotel Rangá luxury hotel they offer diverse services for those who want to gaze at the renowned Northern Lights. That includes a wake-up call in order for guests not to miss seeing the Northern Lights should they appear, warm clothes and blankets so not to get cold and custom made benches to rest upon while you watch the Northern Lights display.
- The Hotel Rangá observatory has a roll-off roof that is by far the most advanced in Iceland. Needless to say, no other hotel in Iceland has anything like this to offer. Here you can star gaze into the black, clear sky and share an intimate evening with the universe. The hotel observatory is located about 150 meters from the main building. It houses two high quality astronomical telescopes.
Hotel Rangá offers rooms that provide guests with comfortable stay. The standard rooms face the famous volcano Mt. Hekla and views of the Northern lights if visible. Amenities include: Television, Free WiFi-internet, Telephone, Bathroom amenities, Hairdryer, Bathrobes and slippers, Coffee and tea-maker, Minibar and 24 hour room service
Price is based on 2 sharing on our cheapest departure dates and includes return flight, hand baggage and 3 nights room only.